Pages

Saturday 24 November 2012

Bits And Pieces

Well, this week has been another relatively busy week. Which is good, but it has meant I haven't got round to doing another post. On the occasions I did have time, I was often too tired. But it was a good week, all in all. Started off pretty much as normal, what with a quiet day Sunday and church in the evening-and then the pub, which is always fun, just spending time with friends. I did mention to a friend about meeting up to talk about a creativity course I've been planning for a while, but that never happened, as I didn't find my notes-note to self, must remember to look them up this week. And apart from work, all I did Monday was finish off a letter to a friend.

Tuesday was again my day off, and it was quite relaxing this time-I got up late, and just pottered around doing bits and pieces, this and that. A bit of cleaning, a bit of recycling, and attempted to find the notes. I did manage to post the letter, though. And then, in the evening, I went to the theatre. It was the day of 'The Woman In Black', which was definitely not how I was expecting-not least because it appeared to be the play of choice of most of the schools in the locality. Definitely a most watchable play, and amusing, as well as tense in places, despite the over the top screams from some of the teenage girls in the audience. To be honest, that probably made me take it slightly less seriously than I otherwise would. Unfortunately, I can't actually tell you any more, because it would be difficult to describe without giving it away, and it's definitely worth seeing. I recommend it to anyone who likes good theatre-and if you aren't really up for that, then it's almost certainly worth checking out the film. Which meant that Wednesday evening, I relaxed again. I probably should have tried to write a post then, but I was honestly too tired. I fell asleep in the middle of the evening. And then Thursday I was pretty tired, cos I couldn't sleep properly later. And in the evening, it was Hungry For God-our weekly prayer meeting during term time. Also something I would recommend to pretty much anyone. Recently, there has been a lot of God taking charge and really getting us deeper into Him. We had a time of several people sharing what God has been doing in and/or with them. I shared how He has changed me since He first took hold of me all those years ago. And then we prayed and listened to what He wanted to say to us. He told me to stop. I'm not entirely sure what He means by that, so I'm not going to jump the gun. I'll meditate on it for a bit before sharing it-if there's anything clear to share. And then after that, we went to the pub again, and again had a good time chatting with friends. Which is always good.

And then yesterday was a pretty busy day, what with the birthday celebration in the evening. It was a friend's 50th-which to be fair, surprised me. I didn't know I had any friends of that age-apparently I do. So, after getting home, I got ready to go out, before another friend came round. We arrived at the restaurant a little bit late, though we weren't the last to get there. It was just a generally good time-The Everest is a fantastic restaurant for large groups, though I don't go there often. Anyway, there was fine food, fine friends, and good company and conversation. Which was a good way to start the evening. And then we decamped to John's parents house to continue the party. A cake was brought out, though with only 10 candles-no way he's going to convince people he's that age. And presents were unwrapped and the piano was played by one of the guests. John said he was good, but he managed to play 'Bohemian Rhapsody' unaccompanied well enough for (some of) us to sing along. And so I got back lateish, and to bed even later, which again isn't good for my sleep patterns, as I had to be in work today. And when I got back, I fell asleep again, before sorting out going to Leeds tomorrow. More on that later...

No comments:

Post a Comment