Pages

Thursday 19 September 2013

TIRED!!!!!!

Well, after that great weekend, I had a rather surprising week following it. I went into work on Monday, expecting it to be a pretty normal week (apart from having an extra day off on Friday), only to be asked if I could work in the Gloucester branch the next day (my normal day off) to cover for someone being off ill. I didn't have anything planned, so I was fine with that, so it would be working the next couple of days, and having Thursday and Friday off-one of them would have been taking some flexi-time hours. Fine.

I got asked to a do a full day on the Tuesday, which is unusual, and started with a meeting. We have meetings every month or so in Gloucester, but I don't have to go to them, as I'm not usually working when they're on. In fact, this was the first one I'd ever been to. And, actually, it was quite interesting. Probably because it was mainly to give information, so I got to find out all sorts of stuff about departments I don't often have anything to do with, and met a couple of new people. New to me, I mean. I guess it would have been a bit different if there was more decision making going on, as I probably would have been at a bit of a loss, as it would have felt like I had come in part way through the discussion. There was one decision made, but it was introduced and finished in about 5 mins. Also, we are thinking about having a more structured pricing system, though there are issues with that that have already made themselves known.
Anyway, I started my day in the shop, which was fairly busy, and as the day progressed, it became clear that I might be needed there for longer than just the day. By the end of the day, it had been decided to pay me for all my flexi, (which adds up to about a week's worth-nice) and that I would be in full days for the rest of the week. Except Friday, when I was busy. And I can say that at the end of that, I was very tired!

All the more so, because I didn't quite relax on my day off. I did a bit, managing a bit of a lie-in, but a friend of mine was moving house to literally the next road from me, and I'd said I might be able to help. I didn't actually do that much in the end, as I didn't manage to leave my house until about 12, but I did help for a couple of hours. I didn't feel like I really did that much, but at least it was something; and I've heard that she is happily settled in now-which I figure means another housewarming party coming up sometime.
And the reason why I couldn't help for longer was that I had sorted out meeting up with a friend who I hadn't seen properly for ages. I'd seen him in passing quite often, but I honestly can't remember the last time we actually got together and chatted. We met up in a pub in Gloucester, and were there for...a while. A few hours, definitely, until he had to go and meet his wife and parents-in-law. Which he may or may not have been looking forward to. I was tempted by a pint of Black Rat, but I figured it was not the sort of drink to have in the afternoon, so I stuck to Stowford-and hot chocolate. It seemed that our conversation was random enough anyway-and the afternoon was definitely a good time.

I caught up a bit on Sunday afternoon. I wasn't feeling great, so I decided to lay down for a bit-and woke up just before 6. At least then, I was feeling better. So, it was pretty clear that I was tired! But I did have a fairly good time, anyway, during the week. I had some good conversations with friends, mostly online; but I did happen to meet one on the bus each morning, which was pretty great.

No comments:

Post a Comment