Pages

Sunday 19 May 2013

Moving Out, Moving On - Poem

So, as promised, here is the poem I wrote. A bit later than I hoped, but it's here now.

Moving Out, Moving On

It is not good for me to be alone,
And though I try to cope
It is only coping;
I need to be in relationship, closely,
And while alone, I am not.

And I have been in the same place 
For a while now,
I need to move on, to stretch my wings,
To see who is out there
 In the big wide world.

It may not be far in terms of distance,
But in circumstance
It couldn't be more different,
Moving from business to friends,
From friendly acquaintance to good friend.

And more than that,
It will give me opportunities to reach out,
To build community;
The resources to do it,
And the time to be (it).

I have been called to lead in this,
To be a leader,
To help build community;
To see ways into this,
And to walk along them with others.

I was going to say something about it, but I think it's pretty self explanatory. This is what I was like, and what I hope I will be like-that's what I'm aiming for, anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment