Pages

Wednesday 12 June 2013

May - A Magnificent Month!

I was going to call this one 'A Month Of Luxury' as I appear to have spent a lot of money, but I can't really remember what I spent it all on. If there were any luxuries, you'll have to figure them out for yourselves by (re)reading the previous few posts.

However, the month as a whole was very good, with all sorts of interesting things happening. Obviously, the most important thing was the whole moving house business (you know, that tiny little thing at the beginning of the month); which was more important than I knew then. I knew something of how it was important, in that it was a new start, and also that it was God wanting me to challenge myself and step out of my comfort zone again. The thing about comfort zones is that they move-when you have moved out of it, it moves back around you, and the new place and/or situation becomes comfortable; and, once again, it becomes an effort to move on. And sometimes moving on is important. I never wanted to move just for the sake of moving, I have thought for a while that it is better to move to something, rather than from it. But here I had a great opportunity to move somewhere nice with a good friend, literally just down the road; and the main reason I was hesitating was because not doing it was easier. And, though I can't say that I had any great answer to prayer about it, that was what decided me-that I could do it, and that I should at least give it decent consideration. And changing from saying 'hmm, maybe' to planning how was moving on in itself.
And that was definitely A Good Thing. Since I moved I have felt a lot better in myself. A lot happier and calmer. I can't trace it to anything in particular, but in general I feel better all over. about the only thing I have to be slightly disappointed about is the fact that I didn't write any poems in the month. So i'll have to make sure I try extra hard to do so this month.

And after that had all happened, I then had a very busy month. Which if you've been reading, you'll already have some idea of. I can tell how busy I was as I didn't read as many books as usual-something which seems to be happening again this month. Lots of parties and events. Which isn't usual, but I think is something that God wants to happen more often from now on. And I think He wants me to be arranging some on a (semi) regular basis. Which isn't something I think I'm that good at. Definitely not, if past experience is anything to go by-but if that's what He wants, then He's going to put a lot of effort into ensuring that that's what He gets. Which means He will keep nudging me to do things, however reluctant I am to do them; and I guess that it will change me, as well as others. I can only hope.
So, not only was it a very good month in itself; but it looks like this is going to be a very good future as well. I look forward to finding out what it's going to be like...

No comments:

Post a Comment