Pages

Monday 31 March 2014

A Quiet Month

I know I haven't put up many posts this month, and I apologise for that. The main reason is that I was tired, but also I didn't actually do that much this month-mainly because I was tired. However, there were a few highlights of the month.

Quite a few were to do with human trafficking, which I wrote about in the last post. 'Nefarious' is an amazing film; I definitely recommend it. Have tissues at hand. And the praying on the streets was pretty powerful too.

In the middle of the month, our cluster did something a bit different. We went to a local care home to help out. Most people were spending their time chatting to the residents, and a few of us were painting benches. That was actually quite relaxing, and I quite enjoyed doing it. I had this nagging feeling that I should have been in the main room chatting to people, but I just couldn't manage it. I was far too tired. When I get tired, I find it difficult (well, more difficult) to talk to people, so at that point, the idea of talking to pretty much anyone was almost too much to deal with. So I painted benches. Which was nice.

And the other thing I have been doing this month is to get in touch with people I haven't seen for a while, mostly because they don't live anywhere near me-some in other countries. So I've sent a couple of cards and letters. Which was fun. And well received.

And that's about it for this month. Really, a quiet month.

No comments:

Post a Comment