Pages

Thursday 6 March 2014

Prayers Please

So, this post is a direct follow-on from the last one. It's a bit short, and I did think about having the two together; but I think it's worth having this one separately. At the end of that, I said that I'd written it down for two reasons-so I could get it clear in my head, and so you could help me-if you wish to.

Now, obviously, the easiest way is to ask me when you speak to me how things are going, and to encourage me in them; but the second is this:-to pray. Again, if you wish to. I'm not demanding anything of anyone, but if you do remember me when you read a blog post, I appreciate that.

So, the first thing was relationships. I'm not quite sure what to ask for here, as it's at least as important that I change as that the relationships go better. So praying for me to work on my relationships, and relationships in general; but also, that others respond. But, I guess also, that I don't take it for granted when things do go well. I realise that to a certain extent I can't control what others think and do; so, just because something is going well at the moment (which may or may not be down to my actions), that doesn't mean it's going to keep going well. Or that other things will go as well. And just as much that I don't get down whe things go badly.

And then the future. Well, if God is going to surprise me (and a few things have happened so far this year that were definitely a surprise), I can't ask for prayer for anything too specific, as I just don't know what is going to happen. So, mainly that I will keep being open to what God wants, and keep paying attention to Him. The other thing to pray about is my finances, which are rarely in a great state; but, probably, if He wants me to do different things, chances are that's going to cost money. I know He can provide, but along with the idea of not taking things for granted, I'm asking for prayer about it.

That's really, I suppose, resolutions two and three together. So, the only other things I want to say are that I have been given a copy of 'How To Win Friends And Influence People', which I'm working my way through; which, I guess may help with relationships. And that I have been having some wild ideas about the future recently; some of which are probably doable, and some, well, aren't. At least right now. And, finally, thanks, in advance. For whatever prayer you do. I'm confident it will make a difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment