Pages

Thursday 20 March 2014

Getting Tired.

I am probably going to get increasingly tired as this month progresses. I can tell already that it is happening, as I'm making silly mistakes at work. Thankfully, God is gracious, and is helping me sort them out before they escalate. The reason for this tiredness is because the manager is on holiday. Which means that not only am I working more hours, but that I have more to do.

And not only that, but several days, I'm pretty much the only one in the shop. So, not only does that make it difficult to get a proper break sometimes, but I have to deal with all the problems. You'd be amazed how many problems there can be - maybe. All of them are caused by people not being co-operative; it seems incredible just how many ways there are of not being co-operative. Sometimes it seems like people are just doing things to be non co-operative, but that can't be right. I mean, who'd do that?

Anyway, because I'm tired, I'm thinking strange things - or at least different. I'm finding it challenging to deal with people; though that's nothing new. I'm an introvert, as I have mentioned previously; and that means that when I'm tired, I really prefer to spend time on my own. I sometimes think it an indication of God's sense of humour that He has put me in jobs where I have to deal with people all day. The point being, I guess, that in pushing against my weaknesses, I get stronger in those areas. Which has definitely happened - and is still doing so.

And the other line of thought I keep going over and over is whether I should be doing this. As I said, in some ways, this job appears to be playing against my weaknesses; but, not really to my strengths. So, if not this, then what should I be doing; if anything? And, more importantly, how do I get there? The two ideas that have been coming up again and again have been doing another degree (you know, just because), and writing. I have no idea how I would do the first; and the second I can do, but how do I make something of it?

So, that's what I've been thinking about and around. Without coming to any conclusions. Except that I keep coming back to the thought that God said this year would be about surprise; so I'm kind of hoping there's something in that...

No comments:

Post a Comment