Pages

Friday 18 April 2014

A Weekday Wedding!

A few days ago, I went to a wedding. Which was lovely - particularly so as I didn't know the couple that well. Which may sound strange, so let me explain. The lovely couple, Bryn and Rhiannon, joined my cluster about the same time I did, back in September, so most of us don't know them that well yet. When they invited the whole cluster to the wedding, I felt honoured - I felt that they were saying that they feel like this cluster is where they want to be, they do want us to be part of their lives, to celebrate with them; and I looked forward to the wedding.

So, anyway, the big day came and I got to the church early. Pretty much the only time I've got there that early; before most people I know; though the church was still pretty full. I saw Bryn on the way in, and he was clearly pleased to see me, which was nice. I chatted at the back for a few minutes, and then we all sat down before the service started. It was a lovely service, with some really nice hymns. 'How Great Thou Art', 'Love Divine, All Loves Excelling' and 'Be Thou My Vision' are just really great songs, as well as powerful pieces of worship - I think we should use hymns more often. And the talk was done by a friend of theirs, who said some good things about love and relationship, while talking specifically about and to them. We learned a few interesting things about them; for instance, the fact that Rhiannon is good at organising social things. We'll remember that.

Then we went outside, to greet the new Mr and Mrs Naylor, and throw confetti. And a few people took photos, though most of them were taken at the reception venue. Then we went our separate ways, as those of us who knew them well went to the reception; and some others of us went into town to grab something to eat. Which was also nice. It was good to continue the celebration as it were; and to get to know Sarah and Anna a bit better in a relaxed way. In a while, Ian and then Al joined us, and we went to a pub for a drink, before finally drifting along to the reception venue. It's amazing how quickly time can pass when you're enjoying yourselves - it was a really great day all the way through.

We got along to the venue in the evening, and congratulated the (very) happy couple, and then joined them in celebrating. Drinking, dancing, chatting and conjuring - which was a bit unexpected. All in all, a great day was had by all; certainly a day to remember. And I'll say that we hope this day marks the start of a great life ahead, and we look forward to getting to know them both better and celebrating other things in the future. To Bryn and Rhiannon...

No comments:

Post a Comment