Pages

Monday 6 January 2014

The Last And The First

And so, for this first post about the new year, I'm starting off with the end of the last year.Nothing much happened on the Monday, so let's leap straight into New Year's Eve. I was at work during the day, same as the week before, and again, it wasn't that busy (though busier than the day before) with lots of interesting children's TV. I think-I can't actually remember. Business tailed off shortly after lunchtime, and I got told to close the shop sometime after 3, and went home. Where I tried my hardest not to fall asleep. I must have done fairly well, cos I was still going strong in the evening when me and my housemate went to a New Year's Eve party.
Which was a pretty good affair, all in all. I knew everyone there, as it wasn't a huge number; but it was a nice gathering. With lots of fun, food, and friends; and random chat. And then, all of a sudden, it was just before midnight (how did that happen?), and we all went to watch the Greenwich celebrations on TV. And then we continued to chat. I finally got home about 2ish, though I didn't get to sleep for a while after...

Which was a bad thing, really, cos I'd agreed to meet a friend in town for a hot beverage (it would be far easier to say coffee, but I can't stand the stuff). I mean that wasn't a bad thing, but not having much sleep really didn't do me much good. But we met up about 11, and stayed there about an hour before he had to go back up to Worcester. And then I went home, and once again struggled to stay awake for a while-until the evening, when I was awake again, and went to bed in the early hours of the morning again. Though this time, I didn't have to get up the next day. And that was a good thing too; as that evening, I discoverd I must have slept through my alarm-quite impressive, as I'm pretty sure it goes off every few minutes for an hour. I mean, I've never checked, but I think so. And then I got up early afternoon (because I could), and went into town. Where I went to the library, and then spent some of my gift cards on a game-as you will know from my last post. Later, me and my housemate played the game, which was all about killing zombies-and, if you're unlucky, getting killed by them. A pastime I would definitely recommend. And then I wrote a blog post-or, at least, finished it; I started it around about October time, I think. Which finishes off that day, and on my third day off that week, I did nothing. Well, I didn't leave the house, anyway. I did a few things inside, like read, but I do that most days.

And, so, this gets me all the way to Saturday, which was my first day back at work. And this was a bit different, cos I had someone else in with me. Which hasn't been the case for months. As the Gloucester branch is temporarily closed due to the roof of the bus station collapsing (not as serious as it sounds, honest), the manager of Gloucester came over. Which was nice. Especially as we were actually quite busy. And then I got home, and had to struggle to stay awake again, as I had to go out. But before that, a friend came round who I hadn't seen since before Christmas. So that was nice as well, even if I could hardly focus on what he was saying. I went off to Gloucester to see some friends I hadn't seen for a while (which reminds me, I need to email any news they haven't figured out for themselves from reading this). And again, ended up going to bed quite late.
So, that means I didn't see much of the start of Sunday, but I did go to church in the evening (after finishing off another blog post-which means this is currently my fourth post this year-how did that happen?), whic was definitely a brilliant place to be. The service itself was pretty good, but what really made it so good for me was I seemed to be catching up with loads of people I hadn't seen for a while. People coming back after Christmas; and what was absolutely amazing was seeing a friend I hadn't seen for years cos she was in Bristol, to find out that she's moved back to Cheltenham. For the forseeable future, at least. So, all in all, a wonderful start to the New Year. I definitely hope that the year continues this way-though with hopefully a bit more sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment